Crane rail is needed for the crane to work with as a complete system of operating the lifting work. The choose of crane rails and the installation of crane rails must meet the requirements. Then the cranes can play its role efficiently. There are numerous crane rails for sale. It is recommended to buy crane rail from competitive crane rail suppliers. As for the installation of crane rail, the track can be installed by the user itself or by the crane manufacturer. Gantry cranes are generally divided into track type and tire type, and overhead cranes generally need to be equipped with running tracks. If there is no track installation experience, it is recommended that the user should entrust a professional crane manufacturer to install it.
Crane rail and accessories
The crane rail is made of steel, the length of the rail is limited. It needs to be connected, which is convenient for the operation of the whole machine or the trolley. There are several kinds of accessories at the connecting part of the guide rail: bolts, nuts, spring washers, rail clips, etc. The joints of the track need to be welded and fastened with bolts. If the crane track is installed without welding and bolting, there are hidden safety hazards in the use of the crane.
Installation method of crane rails
When the individual crane trolley is running, lateral or longitudinal force is produced. If the main body structure and small trolley operating at the same time, a synthetic braking force is generated. If the rail is installed so that one side is generally higher than the other side, the crane will move to the lower side and therefore increase the lateral force. So, effective measures should be taken to fix the crane rails which highlight the reliable installation. Besides, easy replacement is also required. To consider that, permanent welding method is not recommended.
According to the common support beam, the installation of crane rail is mainly divided into two types. One is on a steel beam, the other is on the precast concrete beam. The prefabricated concrete beam must have embedded holes to prepare for the installation of bolts or pre-embedded bolts in the prefabricated concrete beam.
Crane rail clip fixing
This is a simple way of using clips to fix the crane rails. To adjust the horizontal direction, the holes on the rail clip are usually made long, and the vertical adjustment can be realized by adding rail pads under the rail. When designing the crane rail clip, it must have sufficient rigidity. Each crane rail clip can be made into a single hole or double hole according to the size of the force. Only when the rail is connected to the support beam or the steel plate fixed on the beam by welding, the car gear can be welded to the track.
Hook bolt fixing
Drilling holes on the web of crane rail and fix with hook bolts. On the steel beam structure, the width of the base plate should no more than 400mm, or the length of the hook bolt needed will be too long and reduced the firmness of the fixation.
Welding and bolt joint fixing
First, weld the soleplate to the bottom of crane rail. Then lift the part to the support beam and fix it on the anchor bolt. This method requires relatively high precision of the installation of rail anchor and soleplate welding. Otherwise, it will lead to misalignment of holes and bolts which makes the installation difficult.
No matter which method is used, it must be filled in at each rail joint. Especially when railway sleeper is used.
- The track is straight.
- Drill holes in the track with a drill, oxyacetylene flame cutter is forbidden.
- The deviation of drilling position is not more than 2mm.
- The end face at the rail joint should be flat.
- The position deviation of the actual centerline of the track to the actual centerline of the crane beam should not exceed 10mm
- The deviation of the actual centerline of the track from the horizontal position of the installation baseline should be less than 5mm for general bridge cranes, general gantry cranes, and less than 3mm for beam suspension cranes.
- The deviation △So of the crane track span So should not exceed the following values.
So＞10m，△So=±【3±0.25（So-10）】mm （The maximum should not exceed ±15mm）
- The longitudinal inclination of the top surface of the track: for general overhead cranes should not be greater than 1/1000: For general gantry cranes, it should not be greater than 3/1000, measure one point every 2m, and the height difference of the full stroke should not be greater than 10mm.
- The relative elevation difference of two parallel tracks in the same section for the general overhead crane and general gantry crane should no more than 10mm, for the beam suspension crane should no more than ±5mm.
- Deviation of the elevation of the reference point on the top surface of the track to the design elevation, for the general overhead crane and general gantry crane, should no more than 10mm, for the beam suspension crane should no more than ±5mm.