Railway steel or railroad iron, as its name indicated, is used on railways. It provides a continuous, smooth and least resistance rolling surface for the trains to move forward. Unlike many other common sheets of steel, railway steels are extremely tough and strong to bear long-term heavy loads. With the fast development of the railway industry, the speed and loads of trains have continuously increased. The demands for higher quality railway steels are worldwide.
AGICO sells various types of railway steel to meet the requirements of the fast-developing railway industry. We offer high-quality rails at a very competitive price.
Types Of Railway Steel
According to different uses
- Light railway steel for mines
- Heavy railway steel for passenger and freight railways
- Crane rails
According to the material
- Carbon steel
- Alloy steel
- Heat-treated steel
According to the mechanical properties of the rails, the railway steel is generally divided into three types.
- Ordinary rail. It refers to the iron with tensile strength not less than 800MPs.
- High-strength rail. It refers to the steel rail with tensile strength not less than 900Pa.
- Wear-resistant rail. It refers to steel rail with tensile strength not less than 1100Pa.
The material of railway steel
The material and mechanical properties of the railroad iron depend on the chemical composition, metal structure, and heat-treatment process. Take the chemical composition for example. The steel rails contain iron, carbon, manganese, silicon, phosphorus, sulfur, etc. The alloy rails also contain chromium, nickel, molybdenum, niobium, vanadium, titanium, copper, etc. Changing the proportion of elements can change the performance of railway steel.
- Increase the proportion of C, strength and wear resistance will increase, while toughness decreases. Normally, the C proportion should be no more than 0.82%.
- Increase the proportion of Mn, strength, and toughness will increase, harms welding. The percentage of Mn is generally 0.6% ~ 1.0%.
- If the proportion of Si increases, the density and wear resistance will increase. It is generally 0.15% ~ 0.3% of Si.
- P and S are harmful elements. When there is too much P, rail is cold and brittle and easy to break. The content of P should be less than 0.1%
AGICO Railroad Iron Products
Both new and used railroad iron is supplied.
- Clean surface without defect
- High precision and purity
- Uniform thermomechanical processing
- Used railroad iron can be relayed according to its abrasion condition.
- Used railroad iron serves for coal mines and other enterprises that need to lay tracks in roadways.
- Used railroad iron for gantry cranes or overhead cranes.
- Customization service is available
Hot sale railroad iron
Size: 175lbs, 115RE, 90RA, ASCE85, ASCE75, ASCE60, ASCE50, ASCE40, ASCE30, ASCE25
Material: 900A/1100; 700
Length: 12-25m; 6-12m
Size: 60E1, 55E1, 54E1, 50E1, 49E1, 50E2, 49E2, 54E3, 50E4, 50E5, 50E6
JIS E1103-93/ E1101-93
Size: 22kg, 30kg; 37A 50N; CR73, CR100
Material: 55Q; U71Mn;
AS 1085 Standard
Size: 31kg – 89kg
Size: ISCR50,ISCR60, ISCR70, ISCR80, ISCR100, ISCR120
Weight: 29.8kg/m – 118kg/m
Size: 50 O, 60R, 75R, 80R, 60A, 70A, 75A, 80A, 90A, 100A, 113A
Size: 48kg/m, 40kg/m, 30kg/m, 22kg/m, 15kg/m
Size: 9kg, 12kg, 15kg, 18kg, 22kg, 30kg; 43kg, 50kg, 60kg; QU70\QU80\QU100\QU120
Material: 55Q or Q235B; U71mn/50mn